Sunday, 3 July 2016

4 New Reads



A method of relaxation for me, aside from watching countless amounts of YouTube videos and settling down for a new episode of Love Island, anyone else watching that? I'm currently obsessed :), I like to do a spot of reading. I went shopping a couple of days ago with my Nanny and naturally I had to have a little look in Waterstones! To my delight they had a 'buy one get one half price' deals on, which I was very happy to see! I picked up 4 new books, and thought I would share my initial thoughts before I read them.

Faceless.
This book is about a popular, teenage girl whose face was burnt off in a electrical fire. She ends up getting a face transplant, and the book is all about the mental and physical struggles she goes through to deal with such a change. Of course, the book is all hypothetical but it really sucks the reader in to find out what happens next. One to be read soon.

If I Was Your Girl.
A slightly different subject matter for me, as this book is about transgenders and the struggles of finding social ground in a very judgmental world. If I Was Your Girl centers around Amanda, who previously was known as Andrew. Amanda settles into a new school in a new state with her new body, but soon her old past is brought up.

When We Collided.
The starter impression of this book is a teenage love story, but both boy and girl have issues within themselves. I have read the first chapter of this one, and so far I am really enjoying it! It bases around Vivi and Jonah, and the characters are really well written and thought about.

The Island.
This book was a little difficult to get into for me personally, but then picks up and really becomes a fantastic read. This reminds me a little of We Were Liars (don't take that as an exact replica) in the way it withholds information until the very end and keeps the reader guessing throughout the whole book.

Do any of these books interest you? 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Let me know if you read any of them! x

      Delete
  2. All four of these sound so good! I'm currently reading The Heir by Kiera Cass (it's the final book in the Selection series).
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out this Selection series! Are they good?

      Delete
  3. All these books seem so cool and I am definitely adding them to my reading list xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you find them! x

      Delete
  4. All of these books sound very interesting, I recommend the book "Wonder." It is about a boy with facial disfiguration and how he overcomes milestones such as starting high school. I read it a few years back, but it seems to be quite similar to the genre of books you go for.
    Loved reading this post!

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, intriguing! Thank you Lauren! x

      Delete
  5. These books all sound wonderful! I'm going to have to check them out ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these before. I have to go look them up. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Sophie | The Techno Maid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them Sophie! x

      Delete
  7. I love the sound of all these books. I love reading and find summer is the only time I properly have time to read. I will definitely add these to my reading list.
    www.thisisallure.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you read any of them Sinead! I know what you mean about summer being the only free time to read, term time is so busy! Good luck with your reading, and thank you for commenting! x

      Delete
  8. These four books sound interesting, even though I haven't read any of them. I've heard a lot of good things about When We Collided, but it doesn't seem like a book that I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sort of books do you enjoy reading? I'm such a soppy girl that I love a good old teenage romance, but do you prefer more action books? <3 x

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here