Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Rocky Road Cupcakes





I was in the mood to do a bit of baking a few nights ago, and after browsing a few recipe books I decided to make these pretty delicious rocky road cupcakes. These were really simple to make, and only required basic ingredients! These would be perfect for friends or family and they look pretty impressive with all of their chocolatey goodness, aha!

Ingredients
110g butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
110g caster sugar
2 eggs
110g self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
75g marshmallows
3-5 biscuits
225g milk chocolate

Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time to the mixture and beat until combined. Sift the self raising flour to the mixture and fold in. If the mixture becomes a little thick add a little milk. Spoon and divide equally into the cases and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.

Melt the chocolate and leave to cool for 2 minutes. Break up the biscuits in a bag and a wooden spoon and add to the melted chocolate. Stir in the marshmallows and spoon equally onto each cooled cake. Leave in the fridge overnight or until set and serve! 

Have you tried this recipe?

7 comments:

  1. Mmm these look yummy! I haven't tried this recipe but I might have to! xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, let me know if you try this recipe! x

      Delete
  3. These look amazing! The photos look super yummy I could eat my phone haha! I really want to try these :):)
    ~Autumn
    PS I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! My stomach is dying for one of these, haha. :)

    -M

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here