Sunday, 17 January 2016

Lately


Hello everyone! I scheduled all of the past weeks posts last Sunday, so it feels like I haven't posted in ages - the weird feeling of becoming organised! I haven't been so organised this Sunday, so I just thought I would write a little update post as I don't remember having done one in quite a while!

I got my hair cut yesterday! I have had the longest hair for years, my hair was below boob length, and I fancied a change. I started thinking about this last October, and I finally have had the big chop! It is now just above my shoulders and I couldn't be happier that the long hair has gone. I think when you go so long with the same hairstyle you get bored of it, at least I do! My hair feels so much healthier and easier to manage already and I can't stop running my fingers through it in happiness...

On Tuesday, I think I am due to get my train track braces! Being almost 15, getting braces is quite late now but my previous dentist wanted to wait until I was 16 until I started having work on my teeth, so I would pay. Since moving dentist, my teeth are so much better and I feel much better within myself. I have had teeth removed and an overbite cleared - all I have left is a small gap to close and my teeth will be perfect - so excited! 

I went for a walk today with some family friends and their dogs. It was so nice to see Archie and Honey play and walk with them - at one point it started snowing! Unfortunately it didn't stick, but the fun times we had chatting and watching the dogs play made up for it. The photo above is from that walk actually, I thought the woods looked really pretty!

What have you been up to lately?

14 comments:

  1. My hair used to be that length, but I started growing it a year and a half ago. It seems to be taking forever to grow. I keep thinking about cutting it off again. A few months ago I had the biggest hair change I've ever had. I got a fringe (do other countries call it bangs?). I'm much happier with my hair now. I have a really high hairline and without the fringe my forehead looked really bare.
    Good luck on the braces. I finished with orthodontists last year. I had braces of the longest time and it was such a relief to get rid of them. I hope everything goes well with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, my hair seems to grow quite quickly! A fringe is a massive change - I bet it looks great on you though! I have two experiences with fringes; one when I was a toddler and one when I was 11-12. Both experiences were great when the hairdresser styled it, but it unfortunately went messy afterwards, haha! Thank you for your kind words re the braces - I am very excited! x

      Delete
  2. You should post a pic of your haircut! Id love to see it ^^
    Ahh, I always fear the dentist.. I should have gotten braces but I didn't, my teeth a fine but I would like them to be a little straighter haha, you're lucky you have good teeth! x
    Minae ♥ MinaekeiLatest Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I will have to have a photoshoot then haha! x

      Delete
  3. As always, Paige, great post! xx
    I actually got my hair cut the same way this past Sunday. ;)
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had pretty much the same experience with hair as you--two years ago it was getting super long, and I cut it right to my shoulders. Never looked back. Awesome haircuts for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the exact same with my hair last year, it's so much easier to handle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I am already finding - it's great! x

      Delete
  6. My hair is a little past my waist and every time I go to cut it, fear sets in that I won't like it short; which is a little silly considering hair grows back, but I can't help it.

    That picture is so pretty! <3

    x jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I completely understand that feeling! I do admire you having your hair so long, it must look so pretty! x

      Delete
  7. Great post! And I am so excited for you, thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here