Tuesday, 12 January 2016

3 New Reads


If you are a regular reader here on The Joys of Being Paige, you will know that I made a pact to myself to get back into reading in the New Year. A couple of weeks in, I am loving reading more and I really enjoy getting comfortable in my bed with a good book! I wanted to share my favourite of the books I have read so far, these ones are part of the book bundle I recieved for Christmas and are some of my new favourites to read.

I'll Give You The Sun. I looked at this in Waterstones a couple of months ago when shopping with my mum, and vowed to pick it up at a later date but due to my nature of forgetfulness, I didn't! My mum picked it up for me for Christmas, and I have just finished reading it. I won't say too much about it as I might ruin the plot, but it is about a pair of twins relationships through love for each other and others. 

More Than This. This is another present from Christmas, and I am currently reading this now. So far, it seems a good book and I am enjoying settling down with this in the evenings! As I have only just started it, I can't give much information; but so far I am thinking its about the reality of the afterlife.

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit. I haven't started this yet, but I can't wait to start reading it! I may sound really morbid, but one of my favourite subject matter to read and learn about is the world wars as I find it really interesting to learn about. I love books like Anne Frank and Goodnight Mr Tom, so I am sure I will like this one too!

What are your recent reads?

3 comments:

  1. I've read When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit. I read it years ago. (For some reason I love books about the world wars). It's a really good book. I will have to go back and reread it. You just reminded me that I was planning to do so.
    I haven't read any of the other books you've listed. I'll have to look them up!
    Also, I tagged you for the One Lovely Blog Tag: http://sophiesseabed.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/one-lovely-blog-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done the same thing!! Im going to have a little look at these any may need to order them for myself!!

    I am reading The Girl On The Train at the moment and I am loving it

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really reminds me that I should probably get back into books and reading, too, but you know it's just so hard. I've been busy with heaps of homework and tests and papers, but that's what being a student is. ;) Maybe once I catch up on all your lovely posts, I'll settle down in a cozy armchair with a cup of tea and a book.
    ps. Like Charlotte said, definitely read The Girl On The Train, you won't be sorry!
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here