Sunday, 6 September 2015

Room Tour 2015


Hello everyone! I decided to photograph a room tour for all of you, because I have finally got my room looking like I want it! I went for a light bedroom with white walls and pretty pastel features - I felt that this reflected me and made the space I work in more enjoyable and bright for me. Without further ado, welcome to my bedroom! Above, you can see my door which leads into my bedroom and I made it a bit more pretty with a simple yet cute blue heart which hangs off the door handle.




This is my bed, I was treated to a double one last year for my 13th birthday! I have to admit, it took forever to decide on some duvet covers and a pillow assortment for my bed that matched the rest of my bedroom. In the end, my latest addition is a white duvet cover and two white pillows, which I DIYed to look really pretty! I also added some pretty pillows on the front which add lots of colour to a plain bed which I thought was a nice touch. Underneath my sleeping pillows is another set of pillows which are covered in a pretty black and white dot pattern!




My desk is one of my favourite and important parts of my room, so I tried to make it pretty and enjoyable to work at. First of all, I added a silver anglepoise lamp, which looked really cute and pretty on the corner of my desk. Then, I decided I wanted to add a bit of greenery so I purchased a big cacti from a garden store and planted it inside a IKEA pot that matched the miniature cacti that sit on my windowsill on the opposite side of my room! I then have a candle, patterned 'P' that my godmother made me for my birthday a few years back and some cute washi tape.

My laptop is a old Dell one seeing as my other one decided to stop working :(, but I prettified it by adding some washi tape to the cover of it! Don't worry, if you wanted to do the same to your laptop then feel free because it doesn't harm the laptop in any way or leave stickiness or marks. My family doesn't like to stick things on our walls because it will leave marks or grease patches, so I decided to hang some pretty fairy lights from my glass noticeboard and pretty canvas art my sister purchased for me! The switch is on my desk and it looks really pretty when I am working on my laptop at night!


Did you enjoy my room tour? What does your room look like?

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room! I love all the white and grey ♥ My room has a lot of greens and white :P

    x Mishs Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your room sounds lovely x

      Delete
  2. Your room looks beautiful! I love how you chose white- it makes everything else stand out.
    I personally don't use my room for anything except sleeping xD I study in the drawing room and have all my books and laptop scattered across the table. I keep thinking about doing some decorating but med school doesn't leave time for anything extra :( but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy seeing what other people have done with their rooms!
    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - med school sounds very busy, but I bet it is fun although hard work! I love room tours, and eventually I have decided to put one up of my own! x

      Delete
  3. Wow your room is so pretty. So much nicer than plain pink and white like most bloggers. So glad I found your blog, its a hidden gem x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wanted to keep my room elegant yet still me so I injected a few pastel colours and features into it to keep it pretty! x

      Delete
  4. So pretty! I can totally see how this would be a nice relaxing environment for you. Love it!
    hismerciesareanew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homewares and interiors are like my crack at the moment so this post was a dream for me haha! Your room looks GORGEOUS, so simplistic but chic!
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, your room is GORGEOUS, I absolutely love it!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bedroom! It looks so fresh and inviting, the bedding is gorgeous & i love the clock on the chair! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! It's from IKEA if you are interested x

      Delete
  8. This is such a gorgeous room! xx We're redecorating mine, and all my new furniture is here, but I can't settle on a color of paint. Before your walls were white, what color were they? xx
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We built my house from scratch so they have always been white - but in advice I would go with a light colour, it makes your room look 5x bigger! x

      Delete
    2. Oh, we almost built our house from scratch, but the previous owners had only been living here for seven months. xx My parents always say they're glad they waited for a nice home instead of rushing into the hassle of building one!
      ~ Sanjana
      peridotcove.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. Paige, your room is GORGEOUS! I swear it looks like it's right out of a catalogue. The white and grey combination is beautiful. This makes me excited to decorate my dorm room soon :)

    Emily | Ahem, It's Emme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great time decorating your dorm room, it sounds like fun! x

      Delete
  10. Your room is so lovely! Love the white interior with the pops of colour!

    Jess
    myblogjessica.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is like a Pinterest room!!! It's absolutely DARLING! I'm majorly crushing on your bookshelf :) Okay scratch that, on your entire room. Spot on!

    Chloe | It's A Chloe Thing

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here