Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Recent Reading #2


Happy September! I have decided to write a long overdue reading update for you all due to the fact I have been reading quite a bit over the summer, and having run out of books to read on the lookout for some more! In case you missed my last edition, I love reading and I take a massive pleasure out of searching Waterstones for great books that I would like to read! Are any of you like this?

No Stars In The Circus
I have had this book for a while because I received it for a birthday present off one of my best friends in a duo with All The Truth In Me. This book is set in the second world war and the Holocaust. The main character is ten year old Jonas who loves his family and friends at the circus, but when the Germans come to his hometown he is whisked away to live with a elderly music teacher who cares for him.

The Maze Runner
This one is quite popular here in the UK, I am not quite sure about elsewhere but it is certainly one to read! I finished this book in two days, already wanting to order the others in the series! It is about a large group of teenage boys who, each month arrive at the Glade only remembering their name. The story takes a big plot twist when a girl arrives with a message of their survival.

All The Truth In Me
Like No Stars In The Circus, this book was a gift off my best friend Kate and I love it. The storyline of the book is about a young girl called Judith who was kidnapped two years ago. It appears to be set in the late 1800's (but I could be wrong!) and told in second person narrative for the majority of the book. It is a slower read than I am used to but it is worth having a go at challenging yourself with this book.

Running Girl
I picked this one up a few weeks ago in Waterstones while shopping with my sister. I love all sorts of fiction murder mysteries etc, so when I read the blurb of this I was very intrigued! It is about teenager Garvie Smith who isn't the best role model student, I have to admit. He smokes, takes the occasional drugs and has the worst grades for his school. This starts to change when his ex-girlfriend is pulled from a pond and is determined to find out who killed Chloe Dow and why. It sounds quite dark, but this is a lighthearted, funny in places book which is well worth a read!

Fangirl
I found out about this from my other best friend Sarah who was reading this for a while, I think! I picked this up with Running Girl as a buy one, get one half price deal and I have mixed feelings about it. I enjoyed the majority of it, in places it was very slow and hard to get through and in others it was just right and a enjoyable read. Sarah didn't enjoy this book, but I found it to be altogether not that bad. I probably will read this again, but it won't be on the top of my list.

Have you read any of these books? What suggestions have you got?

16 comments:

  1. I've read "Fangirl" and "The Maze Runner" and I enjoyed both of them, but I'll have to check out the other books!
    -Jollygirl
    http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No stars in the Circus sounds so so good I deffo need to buy that! I also really want to read The Maze Runner, I've watched the film and I loved it so I bet the books are brill. I have read Fan Girl and I actually enjoyed it! Great post, I love reading other peoples book reviews/recommendations Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed this post! x

      Delete
  3. These books look REALLY cool! Wonderful reviews :) I'll definitely be following to keep updated :D

    I'm having a Blogger Choice Awards and would LOVE for you to check it out and enroll! It's all on my blog - shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! These awards sound really cool - I am checking them out literally right now! x

      Delete
  4. I have checked both Fangirl and The Maze Runner and they're incredible. I want to check on those other books you've mentioned now though! x

    Cristina, xo // My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy them! x

      Delete
  5. I just read The Maze Runner, and I'm in the middle of The Death Cure (The 3rd book). The middle one is the best. It has the most twists and turns of most any book I've ever read!
    hismerciesareanew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore FanGirl! :) You should totally try out Stephanie Perkins' books. She is such a fantastic writer! ♥♥
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to check out Running Girl and The Maze Runner, they both sound really good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently read The Maze Runner along with the rest of the trilogy, and I enjoyed it tremendously. Now you've gotten me excited abut No Stars In The Circus and All The Truth In Me. :) Hope to read them both soon.

    Aliah | Indigo Ink

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here