Sunday, 20 September 2015

Lately


I know, I know, I haven't posted for a week, oops! School has been so hectic with homework and other commitments I just haven't had any time to blog which is a real shame, because it is basically my favourite thing to do to relax and share with you guys. I thought I would do a little catch-up post today even though it hasn't been to long since my last one, so much has happened so I'm going to share it with you today!

My sister's birthday was the Monday just gone, and I eventually decided what to buy her! She is now 12, so I thought I would buy her more mature presents as she is growing up into a young lady (!) In the end, I bought her a mini canvas that she can rest her phone on, a Barry M nail polish in the shade Rose Hip, a Barry M Nail Paint Corrector Pen, The Silver Donkey by Sonya Hartnett, some nice smelling body spray and some pretty white ribbon earrings to go with a dress my parents purchased for her. She seemed to really like them, so I thought I did a good job with my choices!

School has been quite busy with the homework lately, most of it is just finishing things off. As all of my friends know, and maybe some of you guys may have noticed, I am a perfectionist. I like all of my work to be neat, and everything to be perfect on a page! Unfortunately, this means that sometimes I spend so much time on my presentation and work that I need to finish the work at home. Usually this doesn't happen, but occasionally it does and I add the work onto my homework pile! This week, the homework is mostly Art which isn't too bad and a bit of history. I have been trying to do my homework the night I get it, which has been a huge lifesaver for this busy weekend because I wouldn't have been able to finish everything otherwise!

My best friend Sarah had a birthday party on Friday, and it was so much fun! She opted for a pottery party, which I thought was a really creative and fun idea to have and everyone had a great time! Everyone was laughing at me because I have a really weird phobia of getting my hands dirty, and I squirm when they get muddy or dirty etc, and I don't know why! Apparently I have been like it ever since I was a toddler, so I guess there is no hope for me haha! However, I had a great time trying to make a pot even though it failed miserably! The pottery man helped us make a good pot to begin with, and then he gave us each two balls of clay and set us each at a pottery wheel to make our own! My finished result was a wobbly egg cup that looks slightly special original!

I am going to go and see Bill by the Horrible Histories cast later on today, I am so excited! #stillachildatheart. We are going for my sisters birthday party at the cinema, so she is bringing a few friends with her to watch it too! I think we are also going for a meal or something afterwards but I'm not sure! If you have watched it already, did you enjoy it? Was it good? I was a massive fan of horrible histories growing up (I still am, to be honest!) so to see a film that they have put together should be so much fun! As you can tell, I am quite looking forward to it!

There are a couple of school trips coming up which should be really fun, and I can't wait to take all the photos to share with you! I am going to London and Berlin soon, and my best friends are also coming, which always makes the trip super fun and that extra bit more enjoyable. The teachers that are leading the trips are two of my favourite ones so again, I can't wait until I go!

What have you been up to lately?

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your school work! I totally understand you want to do everything to the best of your abilities just don't let it control you x :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on a school trip to Berlin as well - it was such an amazing time! I hope you have fun!!

    xo, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so interesting! x I can definitely relate to your being held up with homework. I have new posts coming - I promise! -, but it's been soo hard to get to editing them!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - you do tend it start procrastinating etc! Blogging takes a while to ease back into! x

      Delete
  4. You don't have to explain yourself that school life was more important than blog :) Good luck with next project :)

    Peter | Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like your sis got a fabulous gift!!!! The list of what you gave her went on and on, girl! You're so thoughtful :D I get the perfectionist part, so good luck on homework this week ^_^

    Chloe | It's A Chloe Thing

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here