Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Love, Tanya Review


Maybe I am a little late to be blogging about this, but it's better late than never! I recently bought Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr, and thought I would write a little review for any latecomers like myself who are considering purchasing this.

I absolutely love lifestyle blogs, so I had no doubt I would love a lifestyle book too! After reading the book, I feel that the target audience is around 13-18 years, however that isn't to say younger or older people wouldn't enjoy this book, because they would; it's just that the writing style is more like a reading a journal more than reading a book, therefore making it very easy going.

The book is split into 12 chapters covering everything from Tanya growing up to baking and her favourite recipes. Each chapter includes photos of Tanya and although some may not enjoy this, I personally really liked them and felt like it added to the overall feel of the book. I also enjoyed the little lists of Tanya's favourite things and tips - it helped break up the book a bit and draw your attention to her main advice. Their is also space to fill in your own thoughts, but as I am a perfectionist - I don't think I will be writing inside the book, instead jotting the answers down inside my journal!

I have brought my hardback version for £9.99, but after looking online you can get this book for a bargain price at WH Smith! I would recommend this book for anyone who is 13-18 or a fan of Tanya's, otherwise only about half of the content would be of any use or interest to you. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't have a read, because it is; but this is just my personal view!

Are you going to read this book? If you have already, what are your views on it?

8 comments:

  1. i keep meaning to purchase this but I always struggle to find it, must be so popular! Great review lovely :) xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I went into the shop, they only had one left so I nabbed it quite quicky!

      Delete
  2. This looks really cute! i think I shall have to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good book! I already have a big shopping list of ingredients for recipes included!

      Delete
  3. Prettty tempted to purchase it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I'm tempted to pick this up but I'm a bit put off by how many youtubers have been putting out books lately, its a bit crazy! Love Tanya's channel though
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same - I won't be buying some YouTuber's books as I think everyone is releasing them at the same time which makes it manic! I have bought Zoella's book and Tanya's; and I am really happy with Tanya's!

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here