Sunday, 17 May 2015

Lately


It's been a while since I have updated you on what has been going on in my life, so today I thought we could have a little catchup session before the regular posting scheme starts again. This week has been quit exciting, yet very busy as revising season is coming - I am really looking forward to the summer! The weather has been very mismatch this week, one day really sunny and the next pouring it down with rain! Don't you just hate that when it happens? Anyway, here's a little round-up of the highlights of my life lately!

I have been wishing I joined in with the French exchange our school is doing, everyone looks like they are having so much fun! I have had quite a few conversations with some of my friends exchanges - trying to explain what a theme park is when you don't speak very good French has proved to be a challenge!

Having bonfires on the sunny evenings k has been lovely. My dad has recently just sorted out lots of wood that has been in a old barn of ours, so we have been burning it. P.S: raiding the cupboards for marshmallows to toast is also a added bonus...

I have been wearing some of the perfume I received for my birthday lately, as the scent is a very spring scent, light and floral. Does anyone else feel so much more elegant when they wear perfume, or is it just me still being a 5 year old kid at heart?!

I have been trying to stick to a regular hair routine, and make the most out of the products I own rather than sidestepping them. The main aim of this is to keep my hair looking as healthy as possible for longer, so I don't wash my hair too often and dry it out.

Another gift I received for my birthday is No Stars At The Circus from my lovely friend Kate. This is a great book, and I can't recommend it enough. It is set in the second world war, about a little boy who is a Jew escaping from the Nazi's. It is told from the viewpoint of Jonas, who is whisked away to live with a elderly music professor. It was so interesting I just couldn't put it down. The other book she brought me was All The Truth In Me which was about a girl who, after two years of being missing, returns home with her tongue cut out and her best friend dead. Nobody knows what happened, and Judith cannot speak of it. Another great book that I literally had to keep reading.

I am going on a cricket coaching course tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to it! I love cricket and I am excited to have a go at coaching some. I hope to improve my bowl as the angle is still a little off, but these things will come in time! Even though I am not taking GCSE PE, I do love playing sport so I am grateful to have this opportunity!

How has your life been lately?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having some fantastic adventures this year! <3 Those books sound so good- I shall have to read them at once! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you enjoy them!

      Delete
    2. Let me know if you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. I had a French emersion program at my high school, and I have to say it was something special. Though I never took French, my friend had a "Frenchie" and I got to know her in the short time she was here. Two years later, and we are still writing to each other! I couldn't be happier to have a pen pal from another country :) Perfume truly does make me feel more grown up!

    Emily | ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want a pen pal but it is hard to find one! That sounds really sweet, it is lovely so read that you are still in contact.

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here