Tuesday, 14 April 2015

New Brush Additions

Since I started applying makeup (not counting the 'i'm-so-cool-orange-look' I had when rummaging through my mums drawers) I have been using my RealTechnique makeup brushes, which I love and am still using religiously to this day. However, when I received these EcoTool brushes for my birthday, I was really excited to test these out and to expand my collection. 

The first one is a makeup sponge, which is just a sponge shaped into a brush holder to blend in your foundation or BB cream. This is really good, and I have been loving using this every day. The sponge has a flat edge and a curved edge, making it really easy to blend in your base without the length of time.

The second brush is a Fine Eyeliner brush. It is okay - it does what it is meant to! I personally don't use eyeliner often, so maybe this is why I wasn't as excited for this brush as the sponge, but when I do use it the brush works well and creates a nice line without any mess. I create my line and wing with black eyeshadow instead of a pen or liquid, and this brush creates a lovely smoky look. This method is a lot easier, and doesn't make my eye go all black!

Overall, I am really happy with each brush and look forward to using them again regularly in the future! 

Have you tried out EcoTool's? What is your opinions?

8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post, the photos are so nice too! xx

    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This year I wanted to do a few more beauty related posts, so I a, glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. I have an eco tools foundation brush & I really like it! I am a little apprehensive about buying a sponge brush because I imagine it needs to be cleaned often and I'm lazy haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, itdoesn't require much cleaning at all! I usually wash it exactly the same as my other brushes (warm, soapy water) at the end of every week.

      Delete
  3. I have the eco-tools blusher brush to apply my base, I've been told off for doing this countless times and really need to invest in a foundation brush!
    I've been looking at real techniques for a while now, which brush would you recommend?
    Great post by the way! <3

    Lauren ~ Pretty Things And Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, whichever brush works for you! I would reccomend the Real Techniques starter kit that is made up of three brushes, this is what I got and I love them. They were £13, I think!

      Delete
  4. That's so cool that they made a beauty blender with a handle. It probably prevents a lot of germs because I just leave my beauty blender in my makeup box, ew.

    doitfortheirony.com / Creative blog for the future obsessed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here