Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Instyler Review




If anything, I do have a good relationship with my hair. I have naturally wavy hair that, with a quick brush, does pretty much what I want it to. However this is not to say I don't have bad hair days once in a while because rest assured, I do! These kind of days are the days where I usually wash my hair and restyle it, but when it is on a school morning, or a tight schedule, the hair straighteners are usually my go to item, as they can do pretty much anything - curls, straight, you name it. Still, I am not one to say I haven't read and heard about straighteners crushing and damaging your hair so I decided to look for a better alternative.

And I found this: Instyler Rotating Hot Iron. At almost £50 online, it certainly isn't a cheap option but you can pick these up at cheaper prices at places like QVC etc (I got mine for £25, which is a bargain, considering!). My first impressions were overall quite good - the packaging was up to standard, and although there was a rip in the inner box the actual product wasn't damaged so I wasn't too bothered. The rotating iron comes with a set of instructions of how to achieve all of the different hair styles, and also comes with a safety clip-on which you can attach to prevent you from burning yourself on the hot barrel. I personally don't like to use this as I find the whole thing too bulky then, but it is a good safety add on! 

When using it, I did find it to be very good, although I wasn't as amazed as I thought I would be. It works in exactly the same way as a straightener or curling iron does, either glide along the hair, or wrap it round the barrel for 10-20 seconds. A feature I did like about the Instyler was that my hair appeared glossy and shiny when you released the hair, so this was a added bonus, and meant there was no need for additional products as the shine lasted a few hours. As the barrel rotates to prevent your hair from being crushed, it did make quite a bit of noise. It's not really loud, it just takes a bit of getting used to, that's all! 

Final conclusion is that I definitely be using this again, however I won't choose this if there are already some straighteners are on hand! Overall it was a good purchase, and I think this would be great for travelling to save taking two different hair tools. 

What do you think? Have you tried the Instyler?

This post wasn't sponsored, and the Instyler was gifted by my family. All opinions remain my own!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it but it sounds cool! Maybe I should give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here