Sunday, 1 February 2015

Ask Me Anything - Your Questions Answered


Where is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would be somewhere hot, and where I could relax and eat delicious food! Aside from that, I would like to visit America someday as I would love to see all the shops and the landmarks!

How tall are you?
I am 163cm, which is about 5.3 feet.

Can you speak any other languages besides English?
We learn French at school, and although I am not the best at it, I know enough to get by! I also can speak a bit of German and Spanish, but not much!

What is your one blogging goal?
I would say to keep going really! I would love to reach xx amount of followers and share my words with more people, but to do that you have to keep going, so that is my one goal!

I've bought a Canon 700d recently and I'm still in the process of learning how to take good photos. I always like your photography so what setting do you mostly?
Thank you! To begin with, I used Auto as I was still getting to grips with what every setting did and what effect it would have on my photos. I use Manual most the time, as I then can control every aspect of my photo, but some people don't like this mode! I would recommend to study the camera guide like crazy to find out what everything does, and then dedicate a day or so just taking pictures with all the different settings and modes until you find the one that is best for you. Of course, I am still learning so I don't know everything, but that would be the advice I would give myself if starting again!

How do you manage studying and blogging at the same time?
When you are at school studying for exams and blogging can be difficult! I personally don't believe in studying constantly, as I just get bored which means non of the information I am revising for actually goes into my head! I usually spend my weekday evening doing homework etc, and then spend my weekends taking photographs, writing and editing posts etc. This may change when I start my GCSEs, but for now this is a routine that works for me, and I plan to stick to it as long as possible!

What is your favourite food?
Oh, this is a hard one! Probably homemade spaghetti carbonara with slices of ham!

What do you hope to study in uni?
I don't know really! I want to see how my GCSE's go before I start worrying about that! I plan to take Triple Science, History, Art and ICT as well as the compulsory subjects!

What is your favourite place you have been to so far?
Well, in the UK it was probably London! I really enjoyed the business of the streets and all the shops! I enjoy living in the country, but I love the shops too! Abroad, it would probably be Turkey! Next time I visit with my family, I would like to see the market places outside the hotel as I was to scared before!

What is your favourite perspective for taking pictures?
I like to test lots of different angles, but one I have found that I use most often is to the side, and slightly upwards!

Current favorite thing to listen to? 
I love music, and at the moment I really like 'Outside' by Ellie Goulding and 'Cool Kids' by Echosmith!

What camera do you use?
Canon 100d, with usually my 50mm lens.

How did you learn to use it?

I just studied my camera guide book like crazy for the first few days, and just followed all the tips I mentioned earlier, really! Its a bit of trail and error, some of your photos will look terrible, and some will look great! You just need to focus on what you like about your great ones and ask for other peoples opinions too, as they might think completely different to you, but it is great to get another persons perspective! 

What's your favourite camera book?

I was gifted with a beautiful camera book for christmas by my auntie and uncle, called Picture Perfect Social Media, which I love as it explains all the different settings on my camera, and has some really pretty pictures which you can take inspiration from! The author herself is also a blogger, so that is also super helpful!

Do you like smelling books?
Yes, I do! 

What do you like about blogging?
Everything really! I know it sounds soppy, but my favourite thing is probably sharing my content and photography, and your feedback! Your comments and support means so much to me, and I get a warm feeling inside when I read your comments and emails!

What is your favourite subject?
I assume this means at school, and I would say I have several! My favourites are English, Design Technology, ICT, and Art.


If you have any more questions, leave them in the comments and I will do my best to answer them!

12 comments:

  1. I was wondering when this post was coming!
    Thanks :) I'll be sure to study it like mad, I get frustrated when photos don't turn out the way I want
    I'm one of those people who don't like using manual, or maybe that's because I don't know how to use it
    I'm going to have to buy that book too!
    I enjoyed reading this post :)

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I decided to leave it a week to give everyone a chance to ask their questions! Keep trying with the photos, and I would definitely try with the manual, and read your camera booklet to gain all of the knowledge! Let me know how you get on, and thank you! x

      Delete
  2. You know quite a lot about camera's and photography
    that's so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am nowhere near experienced, but I want to keep trying! x

      Delete
  3. Amazing answers :) I'll just throw a question out there - what's your favorite book?

    Hannie at // Chapters Like This //

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thats a hard one! I would say it is a debate between We Were Liars and If I Stay! x

      Delete
  4. You should definitely come to America! If you visit Boston I will be your personal tour guide ;)
    Great answers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, hopefully in future years! x

      Delete
  5. Awesome answers! Why isn't Australia on your list of places to visit though? We're not that weird over here, ok that is a lie, but come see us. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will have to come and visit one day! x

      Delete
  6. This was so fun to read, and I would love to read future posts like this! You are one of my favorite bloggers, Paige, so I love finding out about you (in the least creepy way possible, haha.) Please come visit me in the US (especially SoCal) as I would love to get the chance to meet you!! I would love, love, love to visit Europe (especially London) as I have been a huge fan of all things British ever since I was in middle school, and when I mean obsessed, I mean completely obsessed as I had London shirts and everything. I tend to take pictures, edit, and write posts on the days I publish which means trying to juggle blogging (which takes a long time) and school work on a school day. Picture Perfect Social Media sounds like a really great book to learn about photography as I am no expert as well. I love the smell of new books, haha. I think my favorite part about blogging is making friends with new bloggers from around the world. I just love interacting with fellow bloggers in the comments or on Twitter. There is no better feeling in the morning than waking up to lovely comments, and I think blogging has been a huge confidence booster for me as well!

    Emily | ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment! I would love the chance to meet you too - maybe in the future after school! If you ever come to London, I hope you enjoy it! Yes, that photography book has got me more confident with my photography, and given me lots of inspiration! I used to blog like that, and then I found that I didn't enjoy blogging like I used to, so I changed the way I worked! Blogging at the weekends is great, and it leaves time for homework etc in the spare time and in the weekdays! Twitter is a lovely way to communicate with other bloggers, I am so glad I got it! I agree with the commenting - I love waking up to lovely comments (I just woke up to yours and Kats, haha.) Thank you, again! xx

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here