Saturday, 17 January 2015

Recent Reading


One of my goals for 2015, is to read more books. Last year I didn't read nearly as much as I used to, and I wanted to change that, as reading was one of my hobbies, you wouldn't see me without a book in my hand. I just wanted to give you a little update on what I am reading, and planning to read soon.

We Were Liars
I loved this book, and it is definitely one to read again. It is based around a slightly odd rich family who visits their private island every summer. When the main character gets into a accident, the story flips round to a unexpected plot twist.

We Are Completely Beside Ourselves
I only just started reading this book, but already I love it. It features a school girl called Rosemary, who is made clear that she can't tell anyone about her family. As I haven't finished the book yet, I can't tell you anything else, but I will give you a update soon!

Now You See Me
This isn't the book that is in the cinemas at the moment, no. This is a book about thirteen year old Danny Geller, who goes missing. Based on a true story, this is the tale of his best friend Hannah who tries to find him.

If I Stay
This is a book which I plan to read, and I also would like to see the film. The story follows a young cello player Mia, who is in an car accident one wintery day. In hospital she has an out of body experience, which allows her to look at her life in its current situation while also sorting through the memories of her past.

Have you read any of these?

16 comments:

  1. I have read the first and last one, and I like both! I especially enjoyed the first one! There was such a twist at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I really want to see If I Stay x

      Delete
  2. I need to read, If I Stay. Now.
    (Good luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these. I'm going to look them up and read them now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do read them! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to read If I Stay... <3 We Were Liars was great! <3 Cadence's character was quite realistic, actually.

    Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these, but We Were Liars and We Were Completely Beside Ourselves sound so interesting that I will definitely put them on my to read list! I am currently loving reading (more like looking at the stunning pictures) of the Humans of New York book :) Each portrait is so incredible, and I feel so inspired by just reading a few pages before bed!

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these, but I really want to read If I Stay and We Were Liars. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read the first and the last one. I loved If I Stay, but the sequel, Where She Went, was by far my favorite. So if you like the first one I suggest you read that one next. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all great books! I can't wait to ready If I Stay, it sounds so good!
    Also, I have a question. How did you make your sticky navigation? It looks great, and I can't seem to find the right tutorial. Thanks!
    xx Bryleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! Oh god, I can't remember, I think I used this one. Sorry if it doesn't work, I have such a rubbish memory!

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here