Tuesday, 27 January 2015

My Favourite Editing Apps


Ever since I was little, I have always liked editing pictures and creating something which I could look back on in the future and remember what my life was like. I did try keeping a diary/journal on and off for a few years, and although I enjoyed it, I couldn't keep up with writing regularly, so that was given up. I then decided to have a go at scrapbooking, as it was a way I could record all my pictures, and also have a excuse to buy new stationery :), but after seeing everything was really expensive, I decided to just stick with what I was doing, but use some proper editing apps instead of the default I0S editing platform. 

PicCollage. This is my favourite editing app ever. This is an app where I can create virtual scrapbook pages that I can save to my IPod or my computer! After their update, you can change the background colour, layout and there are so many cute stickers to use, and most of them are free which is a added bonus! I would really recommend this for anyone who is like me, and loves putting together little cute pages to look back on. Oh, and I forgot to say, it's free!

Instagram. I love this, as there are lots of filters that can really enhance your picture. Instagram is one of my favourite social media accounts, as I love sharing my pictures with my friends and family! If you don't want to share the picture, just edit your photo and take a screenshot of it, simples! This app is free too, which is a bonus.

PicCandy. I mentioned above in PicCollage that you can add little sticker doodles to your collages, but if you only want to add doodles to one image, this is the app for you! The stickers are really cute, and I love making my photos fun and creative. You can also add pretty watermarks to your photos if you wanted to, so you could use the cute image on your blog!

Afterlight. This is a app which I only heard about recently, and already it is on my favourites list! No longer need to worry about taking your pictures in natural light, because this app will brighten the photos to make it look like you took the photo right next to a window, even if you didn't. It will get rid of that orangey tinge too, if the picture relied on indoor lighting. 

What are your favourite editing apps?

13 comments:

  1. I don't edit my photos although it's on my to do list
    These all sound good, I'm particularity interested in Afterlight so can't wait to try it! Especially because when I come back from work it's all dark so this will be really useful. Thanks! :)

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I don't edit my photos on my blog to a great extent, as I take my pictures at the weekend in good light etc, so all I do is brighten them and add a bit of contrast! However, with personal photos I use all of the above apps x

      Delete
  2. I want to get Afterlight so badly! The free version is VSCOCAM and I really recommend it too xx

    Cristina // My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will have to have a look! x

      Delete
  3. I have to look these up. I've only got Instagram, so the rest sound like things I need to own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you enjoy them! x

      Delete
  4. Using ios limits the options thankfully I got android mobile and there are load of free editing software on google play..picsart is my favourite among them :D
    New follower found via Almost completely mad :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of Pic Collage, but I've never used it, I guess I'm not much of a 'collage' person, haha. I use PicsArt on my phone for simple minor edits. I also love the app Studio Design, it's a great app for adding simple typography to photos as well. Your photographs are wonderful, Paige. :)

    Dian
    The Happy Candle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have to try those! x

      Delete
  6. VSCO Cam is my favorite photo editing app :)

    Emily | ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see that you have written again. I was waiting for your next blog, and I have found it at last. You have such a unique style of writing that no one else can replicate you. Can you suggest some online sites where I can gather experience in the field of blogging…how to go about it, and everything else? I came across some marketplaces such as Business Logo Design, Professional photo design jobs Seems good. I will post my skill and let’s see, I may even become as famous as you. ?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here