Thursday, 1 January 2015

Hopes for Twenty Fifteen


Happy New Year! 2015 - wow, last year went fast! I've never really been one to set new years resolutions, but this year I decided I wanted to try it out. I think the people who do set resolutions always seem so positive, so I thought I would help share the positivity and post some of my hopes for this year.

BLOGGING
- Write more personal posts. I don't know if you have noticed or not, but lately following lots of feedback on my reader survey, I have tried to write and publish some more personal posts, letting my voice come through to all you lovely readers. I hope to continue this and make this blog more unique and 'me'. 

- Reach 150 followers. A big aim, I know, but I hope to grow as a blog and become bigger in the blogging community. This will hopefully lead to better content and more opportunities which will be a great plus to this blog.

- Be more organised. If you look on my computer, you would disagree with this hope. I have everything arranged into neat little folders which all have proper names along with the files and photographs. However, behind the computer, it sometimes is a different story. Usually I am photographing, writing and hitting publish all on the same day. As I post every other day, I would like to get into the habit of planning ahead and taking pictures and writing posts in a bulk and scheduling. I don't know whether this will be accomplished or not as I tend to change blog posts last minute, edit everything then find I liked the other post better. Annoying, I know.

- Join in blogger chats etc, make new friends. I have always been wary of joining blogging chats, as usually the 'big' bloggers take part, and I am not really a 'big' blog. However, I have decided I am going to participate in some, maybe some of you do too? If you do, let me know which ones and I will join in with you! 

- Visit more readers blogs. I love readers leaving a little link to their blog when they comment, but unfortunately I have got into a habit where I don't click on it. I aim to visit readers blogs, and to those who commented, comment back on a post on their blog. After all, if they have taken the time to comment on your blog, doesn't it seem right to comment back on theirs? 

- Open a design shop. A few readers have emailed me asking for design tips and I have redesigned their blogs this year. I have found that I actually really love doing this, so I hope to open a design shop this year! Would anybody be interested in this?

PERSONAL
- Eat healthier. I know, I know, everyone says this but I plan to actually accomplish this. I went through a phrase of doing this, and I felt fantastic for it. However as Christmas was drawing in, my old habits cam back and I found myself eating alot more and not of the right foods either. Oops.

- Focus on my school work. As school work is starting to become important, I want to focus on schoolwork and homework so I do the best I can do. Of course I will carry on here, but I think I will use my bulk photograph/writing tip from above and use my spare time to complete homework or spend time revising over things I don't quite understand. This sounds so unrealistic, especially if you know me but I hope for this!

- Read More Books. When I was younger, you would never see me without a book in my hand. But then life took over, which kind of left my reading lonely. I have a whole wishlist for 2015, which hopefully I might pick up this January in the sales...

10 comments:

  1. Great resolutions, and a great post. I really enjoyed it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I hope you can achieve all you set out too hun, good luck!

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the resolutions Paige! Totally agree on the reading one. I'm a bookworm, but my computer seems to be taking over, it's really unfair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My laptop is taking over because I haven't got any new books! Once I get some new books I should be fine... hopefully. x

      Delete
  4. You truly have such a beautiful blog, and I am so amazed that you learned how to do this all by yourself! Writing personal posts is one of my favorite things to do because I love to share tidbits of my life with my readers. Growing my following is another goal of mine, but I know it just takes time :) I've been finding many new blogs this Christmas break, and it makes me so happy to comment on people's blogs. I have also found Twitter a great way to be introduced to more blogs as well as to get my blog out there. Happy New Year! :-)

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you, I did have alot of help from Google! I love reading your personal posts, you can see (and read) that you have put a lot of effort into them, and for that reason they are a joy to read. I am so glad you found me, as it led to me finding your lovely blog and yourself. Happy New Year, hope it's a good one x

      Delete
  5. I believe you can do it! Yes, Christmas destroyed any good eating habits I had too. :/ I've got all year to get back on track though and I know we can both do it. :)
    All your other goals seem very time-worthy too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your resolutions x

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here