Lesson learnt - when you have post ideas running through your head faster than bullets, write them down. Yep, even if you are in bed reading through your latest Bloglovin' feeds.
A few days ago, I felt a bit uninspired. 'Bloggers block', some like to call it, and I couldn't think of anything to write for the life of me. So I decided to strip it down to the basics and write about something I would enjoy reading myself. Sounds simple, but its harder than you think. At least it is for me. I love a lot of different posts, but I have the worst memory ever, and I always need to write ideas down to keep them, and I figured that you might as well have a share, so I decided to write them all down here so you and me both can refer back to here when we need to! I have based them around lifestyle posts, but if you are a beauty or fashion blogger, there is a few in here for you too.
- Just finished decorating/designing your room? Share pictures of it, or a room tour. If you don't feel comfortable with sharing your whole room, just share your favourite corner of it, and why you like it. Oh! Linking where you got everything from is useful too :-)
- Have a recipe you just created or love making? I know for one I love a good new recipe, and it will give you the chance to take some good pictures of food!
- Do you love DIY? Share a few of your creations, and if you used a tutorial, link that in too!
- What blogging equipment do you use?
- Know a fellow blogger, or admire them? Email them asking for a Q&A! That way, you can feature your favourite blogger while giving your readers an insight into what blogs you enjoy reading.
- Brought a new makeup/beauty product? Share your opinions of it, or feature some new looks you have been rocking.
- Have a passion for fashion? Do a fashion series on what you would wear for a night out, cinema etc.
- Had a recent birthday or shopping splurge? Photograph what you brought, and why you brought it.
- Do some of your readers leave sweet comments on every post? Show your appreciation and feature them in a thank you post on how far you have come in blogging.
- Know some cool HTML/CSS? Share it, as people are always looking for ways to improve their blogs design!
- Where do you write your blog posts?
- Create a reader survey! Let your readers tell you what they think.
- Normally a beauty blogger? Venture out and share some fashion/lifestyle posts too. Readers love some variation, and you might gain some more readers along the way!
- Found some new blogs lately? Share them with your readers.
- Go for a walk, and collect bits and bobs you come across. Photograph them and tell your readers if you felt inspired from that walk or not.
- Share your music loves for that month.
- Taken some good photographs while out on a walk? Share them in a photography post.
- Make your own list of post ideas, you will find yourself with plenty by the end of it!
- Thinking of decorating, or moving into a new house? Share inspiration for rooms!
- Go ahead and write that sponsored post.
- Share some of your hopes and aspirations for the future.
- Found a really nice quote? Write about how it affected you and how it made you feel.
- Had a really good week? Share what made it so good.
- Have some good blogging tips? Write about them!
Are you going to use any of these? If you do, please leave a link, as I would love to read them!