Sunday, 16 November 2014

Tea and Cake

This picture is a updated one of a chocolate cake I baked - the other image of a lemon drizzle has somehow disappeared!

A couple of days ago, I decided to invite a few friends over to help make some cakes for a tabletop sale event, and they all looked so great I decided to share with you my favourite - the Lemon Drizzle.

I used a lemon drizzle sponge recipe: 8oz butter, 8oz sugar, 10oz self-raising flour, 4 eggs, 4tbs of milk, and baked that in the oven for about 40 minutes. I then stabbed a fork into the top and mixed sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together and poured that over the cake and left it to set.

I was pleased at how the cake turned out and when we sold the cake, everyone said it tasted nice, (and from personal experience later, I can clarify that it did), and I will definitely be baking this cake again.

What do you think, will you try this out?   

8 comments:

  1. This cake does look yummy
    I tried lemon cupcakes and I loved them!
    Maybe I'll love this too, I'll try it when i get the time.
    Thanks for sharing :) x

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk


    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely delicious. I'll definitely try this out soon!

    arushee | unadorned gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I nominated you for an award. You can view it below!
    http://onehundredforgottenyears.blogspot.com/2014/11/blogger-recognition-award.html
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here