Sunday, 30 November 2014

Skincare


Lately, my skin has been looking good, and while I am sure this is just a result of my drinking more water goal, I think it also has something to do with my new skincare routine. I haven't been doing anything to complex or complicated, nor spent a fortune on a skin product as I know that I would either forget or not use it. My skin isn't really problematic anyway, but can be a mixture of dry and oily, so I try to keep up with this skincare routine to keep it looking naturally healthy. 

Evening: I will remove my days makeup either using my Simple wipes, or my Lush toner water to prevent spot breakouts due to makeup clogged up pores. Then, I will wash my face using really hot water and whatever facial soap I have on hand. At the moment, I am using Lush's Godmother as it has a gorgeous sweet fragrance.

Morning: I will do exactly the same as my evening routine, except I will moisturize my face using some Nivea moisturizer and a cotton pad. Then, I just spot apply my Clinique Anti-Blemish gel if any new spots or blackheads have developed. After that, I just apply my makeup which is really simple; concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, bronzer, and finish off with my Rimmel Clear Skin powder.

Extras: I always keep a pot or tube of lip-salve with me to prevent my lips from going chapped or dry. At the moment I am using my cherry Carmex lip-balm jar as once again, it has a gorgeous sweet fragrance of cherry sweets. Also, when I want to treat myself, I like to apply a facemask. At the moment it is Mask of Magnaminty, which is a lovely minty mask that works on removing spots and blackheads.

I know everyone's skin is different and while this may seem like a lot to you, or may seem very minimal, this works for my skin and is just the right amount, as me and my skin seem to be happy with it. Please notice I have used quite cheap products as I appreciate not everyone can afford the expensive high end products that will do just as good of a job as the cheaper products! What does your skincare routine look like, and is there any miracle products you have?

10 comments:

  1. My skincare is even easier, but it works well as seeing as I wear no makeup at all. All I do is wash my face with some Simple face wash twice a day and Natio skin scrub twice a week. It works well and is really cheap. Also the Natio lasts a really long time. I've had my bottle for about five months now, and there is still a good bit in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post so much, I have got to start drinking more water!

    http://littleworldofannahiya.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lush products, great skincare routine ♥

    Daisy ○ LittleKawaiiDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is the Lush toner? I am always in hunt for a toner. Amazing post btw & would you like
    to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know & lets keep
    in touch!



    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually pretty great! Sorry, I don't do follow for follows.

      Delete
  5. You have such a beautiful blog, Paige :) I found your blog through Project Rattlebag's November advertisers, and I am so glad I decided to take a look! I completely agree that drinking more water does wonders to the skin (however hard it may be to remember to drink.) I also love Origins Make a Difference Plus + Gel Moisturizer as it feels hydrating yet not too heavy. I would recommend a good makeup removing oil for taking off stubborn foundation, mascara, or eyeliner (Shisedo has a great one!)

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, it means so much! x

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here